EV Charger Installation
Certasun offers residential 240 volt EV charger installations so you can charge your vehicle quickly, conveniently, and safely.
A 240 volt EV charger will charge almost any electric vehicle overnight. It will safely distribute the energy, making sure that you don’t overdraw from your home or overdeliver to your car.
Professional EV Charger Installation
When you purchase an EV charger installation from Certasun, you can be certain of a safe, professional installation that is fully permitted and code-compliant. Our electricians are specifically trained in complex residential electrical environments. We will design, permit, and install a turn-key EV charging solution to meet your specific needs.
EV Chargers We Install
As a Tesla-certified installer, we install both the standard (Tesla-port) Wall Connector and the Universal Wall Connector.
Wallbox offers compact, US-made chargers. We offer two models: the Pulsar (which can use a 240V outlet) and the hardwired Pulsar Plus (which offers the fastest charging).
Want to provide your own charger? We can install a 240V outlet that is compatible with most any other charger.
“We are very pleased with the work done by Certasun. The salesman was friendly, knowledgable, and not pushy. The electricians and the technicians were hard working, friendly, and explained everything they needed to do. Would highly recommend Certasun to anyone thinking about going solar.”
THOMAS M., SHOREWOOD, ILLINOIS
EV Charger Installation cost
EV charger installations typically cost between $1200 to $2000. One obvious factor in determining the cost is whether you would like us to provide the charger or if you already have one. Another significant factor is the distance from your main service panel to the charger.
EV Charger Incentives
Most of the incentives relating to EVs pertain to the cars themselves, but customers in census tracts the U.S. government defines as low-income or rural can take a 30% federal tax credit on EV charger installation (up to $1000).
Also, customers in Naperville, Illinois can take advantage of the Naperville EV Charger Rebate.
“They were honest and transparent throughout the whole process. Sales people were not pushy or annoying. The installers were the nicest contractors I’ve ever had work on my house; and they worked their butts off too.”
NATE D., FOREST PARK, ILLINOIS
It typically takes about one month from the time you decide to move forward to have an operational charger. If you’re also installing solar, we can time your EV charger installation to coincide with your solar system if you’d like.
Here’s the process:
- Fill out the form below, answering some basic questions about your home and what you would like.
- We will send you a quote by email. If you’d like to discuss it or go over your options, just let us know in the space provided in the form or by email.
- After you accept our quote, one of our electricians will visit your home to gather much more detailed information about your electrical service.
- After reviewing this information and making a few calculations, we will apply for a permit with your city or county. Some municipalities will issue the permit within a day or two, but most take around two or three weeks.
- Installation usually takes about one-half day, after which you’ll have an operational charger.
- Your municipality will usually want to inspect the installation.
Get an EV Charger Quote
Enter your information below to get a free quote by email!