Illinois's Premier Home Solar Company
Certasun. No Surprises.
Certasun is Illinois’s premier home solar company. We are 100% locally owned and live in Chicago and the suburban communities we serve. We are committed to an exceptional customer experience. As such, we offer a No Surprises Guarantee:
- We will clearly and honestly explain how residential solar works and its economics.
- We will give you unbiased advice about the pros and cons of different types of solar financing.
- We will handle all the details and costs of permitting, grid interconnection, scheduling, and construction.
- We will not outsource your installation to a subcontractor. Our team of well-trained solar installers will perform the work at your home.
- We will use the world’s best solar panels, from SunPower. SunPower equipment comes with the industry’s only 25-year Complete Confidence Warranty. See what else makes SunPower great.
- We will leave your home as clean or cleaner than when we arrived.
- Your roof will not leak as a result of our installation.
- We will guarantee the electrical production of your system over its lifetime.
Meet the Certasun team! We’re with you from start to finish on your project—from the initial design all the way through installation.
Certasun serves the entire Chicagoland area, including Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties.
Our Management Team
Founder & President
Josh founded Certasun in 2018 after nine years as Managing Partner of Woodlawn Associates, a consulting firm providing advisory services to solar equipment manufacturers, financiers, and out-of-state solar installers. Prior to founding Woodlawn Associates, he served as an executive at Motorola. A resident of Glencoe, Josh enjoys spending time with his wife Laura and his two boys, Ted and Cal.
VP, Sales & Marketing
A Certasun co-founder, Jesse previously worked at Woodlawn Associates, where he advised corporate clients on solar investments and financial strategy. Prior to that, he served as Senior Policy Advisor to an Illinois member of Congress in Washington, DC. Raised in Lake Forest, Illinois, he currently lives in the Lincoln Square neighborhood of Chicago with his wife Lindsay and kids, Karl and Alice.
Iain joined Certasun from Woodlawn Associates, where he consulted for renewable energy companies on operations and finance strategy. Iain holds an M.S. in Applied Physics and began his career in engineering and product management of analytical instruments. Raised in Evanston, Iain resides in Arlington Heights with his wife Dana and daughters, Ella and Skye.
VP, Finance & Administration
Mike is an experienced entrepreneur specializing in financial and operational management. He holds an M.S. in Accountancy from the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business at DePaul University. A long-time Chicago area resident, Mike lives in Evanston with his wife Connie and daughter Maggie.
We’re residential solar experts. In 2009 our president, Josh Lutton, founded Woodlawn Associates, a management consulting firm described by one client as the “premier consulting firm in the residential solar industry.” While at Woodlawn, Josh and many of us at Certasun consulted with some of the largest and most successful solar installers, equipment manufacturers, and financiers on how to better operate their businesses. Now, we’re excited to be working here in Illinois!