Illinois's Premier Home Solar Company
Certasun. No Surprises.
Certasun is Illinois’s premier home solar company. We are 100% locally owned and live in Chicago and the suburban communities we serve. We are committed to an exceptional customer experience. As such, we offer a No Surprises Guarantee:
- We will clearly and honestly explain how residential solar works and its economics.
- We will give you unbiased advice about the pros and cons of different types of solar financing.
- We will handle all the details and costs of permitting, grid interconnection, scheduling, and construction.
- We will not outsource your installation to a subcontractor. Our own licensed electricians and well-trained installers will perform the work at your home.
- We will use the world’s best solar panels, from SunPower. SunPower equipment comes with the industry’s only 25-year Complete Confidence Warranty. See what else makes SunPower great.
- We will leave your home as clean or cleaner than when we arrived.
- Your roof will not leak as a result of our installation.
We’re residential solar experts. In 2009 our president, Josh Lutton, founded Woodlawn Associates, a management consulting firm described by one client as the “premier consulting firm in the residential solar industry.” While at Woodlawn, Josh and many of us at Certasun consulted with some of the largest and most successful solar installers, equipment manufacturers, and financiers on how to better operate their businesses. Now, we’re excited to be working here in Illinois!
Certasun serves the entire Chicagoland area, including Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties.
Our Management Team
Founder & PresidentJosh founded Certasun in 2018 after nine years as Managing Partner of Woodlawn Associates, a consulting firm providing advisory services to solar equipment manufacturers, financiers, and out-of-state solar installers. Prior to founding Woodlawn Associates, he served as an executive at Motorola. A resident of Glencoe, Josh enjoys spending time with his wife, Laura, and his two boys, Ted and Cal.
Director of Sales & MarketingJesse joined Certasun from Woodlawn Associates, where he advised corporate clients on solar transactions and financial strategy. Prior to that, he served as Senior Policy Advisor to a member of Congress on Capitol Hill. Raised in Lake Forest, Illinois, he lives in the Lincoln Square neighborhood of Chicago with his wife, Lindsay, and kids, Karl and Alice.
Director of OperationsMicah joined Certasun from Woodlawn Associates, where he consulted for solar and energy storage companies on operations and finance strategy. Micah holds a PhD from Montreal’s McGill University in Materials Engineering and wrote his dissertation on energy storage. Raised in Glenview, Micah resides in Northbrook with his wife, Amanda, and sons, Jonathan and Aaron.
Get Answers (And A Free Quote)
Enter your details below and we will be in touch to answer your questions and to schedule an appointment for a free, no-obligation quote for your home.
We will not share your information with third parties.
You want to save money. You want to protect the environment. But you don't have the cash to buy a solar system outright. With a solar lease, you don’t have to choose.
Go solar with no upfront cost and lock in your energy prices for 20 years. Your fixed monthly payment includes system monitoring and an energy production guarantee. Find out more.